The city of New York is the largest city in the whole of United States of America. This city is popularly called as the city that never sleeps. This is one of the strongest hubs in terms of commerce and economy. This is one of the most developed cities in the whole world. There are many reasons for which the people from all over the world visit the place. Some people visit the place for earning a living, others for business purposes, some others for trade which a group of people also visit the place for sightseeing. The visitors are all greatly treated by the wide variety of tourist attractions. Some of the major tourist attractions are discussed here in the article.
1. Empire State Building: Now it is more than 75 years since the Empire State Building has been built in New York. The Building was officially inaugurated on May 1 in the year 1931. This building is located in the Fifth Avenue and it can be viewed from any part of the New York City. A beautiful panorama of the whole city of New York can be seen from the top of the building that entry is charged and open to public.
2. Statue of Liberty: The United States included this statue in the country as a symbol of the great friendship that was established during the French Revolution. This statue is also a symbol freedom owned by America which is also a welcome signal for all the visitors to the place devoid of their purpose of visit.
3. Grand Central Terminal: The Grand Central Terminal has been renovated since its opening in the year 1913. This has made the terminal more than just a hub for transportation. There are a wide variety of shops and dining awaiting all the visitors to the central terminal. There are free tours available for people which is to happen on all Wednesdays and Fridays.
4. Rockefeller Center: This comes in the midtown region of Manhattan. The place is also famous for the Christmas tree, Radio City Music Hall, ice skating and the Top of the Rock Observation Deck. There are also numerous opportunities for shopping and dining inside this center. Any time of the year is suitable for the visit.
5. Ellis Island Immigration Museum: This will be a wonderful fascinating experience for all the immigrants to the place. This is really a fascinating experience regardless of the crowd faced by the visitors. There are really interactive exhibits, movies and walking tours arranged for giving the visitors an idea about the sufferings that all the immigrants are to face during the journey.
6. Staten Island Ferry: This is a free ferry from the region of lower Manhattan to the Staten Island. This ferry is made use by almost all the commuters and visitors who are in a need to visit the harbor and also the Statue of Liberty.