South Arica has something for everyone .From exotic landscapes, rugged mountains, wildlife safaris, impressive coastline there is so much to indulge in. Because South Africa is quite large you need to plan your trip properly to make most of it. Some of the places worth every penny are:
1. Cape Town: Cape Town is a favourite touring destination of many and its not tough to imagine why it is so. Cape Town has some the most beautiful beaches where you can let your hair down and bathe in sun. You can sip most wonderful wines and savour most lip-smacking food. While in Cape Town you can shop till you drop. You will lots of shopping options in Cape Town malls, antique shops, crafts market and special boutiques.
2. Table Mountain: Though it is in Cape Town its worth mention separately. You can see some of the most spectacular views from its flat top.
3. Robben Island:Nelson Mandela was imprisoned here for 18 years For over 400 years prisoners were imprisoned in Robben Island jail.
4. Johannesburg: Johannesburg is the largest city in South Africa and is an economic hub for the country. It is famous for its gold and diamond trade and is also known as Joburg, Jozi or Egoli (place of Gold).The Johannesburg city skyline boasts of some of Africa’s tallest building like the Hillbrow Tower, Sentech Tower and the Carlton Centre. You can have a view of the city from top of Calton tower, or have a look at wildlife in Rhino & Lion Park and the Elephant Sanctuary .You can visit the Hector Pieterson museum and Apartheid Museum to get a glimpse of the Africa’s freedom movement.
5. Stellenbosh: Established in 1679, it is the second oldest town in South Africa. It is famous as the City of Oaks because of large amount of oak tress present here. Stellenbosch along with Paarl and Franschhoek valleys is knows as Cape Winelands, one of the major wine producing regions in South Africa. Its amazing wine route is very popular tourist destination. So do sip a glass of local wine in one of charming gardens while you are there.
6. Durban: Because of mild climate Durban is called as ‘Perfect holiday paradise’ .It is also one of the friendliest places in South Africa. Durban has string of beaches which are known as “Golden Mile”. You can dine in one of the fine eateries in Durban’s Promenade. You can also enjoy authentic Indian cuisine the Victoria Indian Street Market where lots of Indian people have settled.
7. Drakensberg: Drakensberg or “the Dragon Mountains” are the highest mountain range in South Africa. It is located in South east Africa and is about 1000 kms from KwaZulu-Natal Province in north to Eastern Cape Province in west. It is a adventurer’s delight .You can hike, horse ride bike, rock climb to your heart’s content.
8. The Garden Route: Situated in south-east coast of South Africa, it is home to lots of dolphins and endangered Southern Right Whale. The Garden Route also has Knsyna where you can enjoy the oysters and enjoy its scenic beauty while having fun in water.
9. Kruger National Park: It is one of the largest game reserves in Africa. It covers 18,989 square kilometres and extends 360 kilometres from north to south and 65 kilometers from east to west.
10. Oudtshoorn: If you never thought of riding in Ostrich then maybe you can think again .As Oudtshoorn is a place where you can take Ostrich ride and eat Ostrich eggs, Ostrich sausages and steaks.