Melbourne, a city in Australia has a large number of options regarding tourist destinations. The most fantastic public transport system prevailing in Melbourne gives a chance to all its visitors both local and foreigners to explore and understand many interesting and breath taking attractions of the city. A number of tourists plan to make their vacation enjoyable by visiting this great city. Some of the most important tourist destinations are described in this article.
1. Melbourne CBD: This is a maze of many veiled laneways and alleys that curls around modern sky scraper buildings. You can spend a whole day fully involved in this maze. There are a number of fashion designer shops, different types of department stores and trendy fashionable little cafes scattered around the Melbourne’s CBD area.
2. Royal Botanic Gardens: There are a number of beautifully landscaped areas like gardens and parklands that make the city of Melbourne one of the greenest cities in the world. Melbourne’s royal botanic garden has greatly helped to make this a dream come true. Royal Botanic Garden is described as one of the finest gardens in the world. This garden contains more than 12,000 species of plants and this provides a natural home to many of the wildlife. Try visiting the garden during the Australia tour.
3. State Library of Victoria and Old Melbourne Gaol: This is Australia’s oldest library that offers many exhibitions of different items including the armor. This is located in the vicinity of the Old Melbourne Gaol which is a historic blue stone building which has become the witness to some of Australia’s most describing events like the Gold Rush and Eureka Stockade Rebellion.
4. Southgate Arts and Leisure Precinct: this was opened in the year 1992. Since then it has been an important meeting place for the people of Melbourne. There are three levels of high quality shopping stores, drinking bars and restaurants.
5. The Southern Star Observation Wheel: This is located in the Dockland’s region of Melbourne. This is Australia’s first observation wheel which provides a beautiful addition to the city skyline and wonderful views of the city, Port Phillip Bay and beyond that. This wheel has 21 glass cabins that are fully air conditioned and an LED lighting system that provides great displays at night are also arranged.
6. St Kilda Beach: This will be a wonderful beach experience for all the day or night time visitors. St Kilda Beach Night Markets are greatly entertaining especially on Thursdays during the summer season of you Australia package tour.
7. Richmond, Fitzroy and South Tarra: These are some of the fashionable and vibrant villages that are fully filled up with personality and life. These are multicultural villages too. Everything that can be bought with money is available in these market shops.
8. Melbourne Observation Deck: This is the Rialto Towers of Melbourne. This is a tower that is 235 meters high and which gives a 360 degree view of the whole city.
9. Federation Square: This is located opposite to the Melbourne’s Flinders Street Station. This is the new meeting place of the people of Melbourne.
10. Great Ocean Road: This is only an hours’ drive away from Melbourne. This road is 273 km long along the south east coast of Australia.