Singapore Holidays can never be complete without the taste of Singaporean delicacies that reflects the true multi-cultural diversity of the land. The food obsession of Singaporeans is evident from the varied range of cuisines like Chinese, Malay, Italian, Turkish, Spanish, Thai, Indian, etc available in their restaurants, coffee shops, hawker centers and food courts. While on a Singapore Tour one must try the local delicacies of the island like Satay, Roti Prata, Bak Kut Teh and Rice, Nasi Lemak, Hainanese Chicken Rice, Laksa, Char Kuay Teow, Hokkien Prawn Mee, Fish Head Curry, Char Siew Rice/Noodles, Chilli Crab, Oyster Omelette , etc.
If you are looking for a quick bite while on a Singapore Tour some cafes popular with the working crowd are Starbucks, Coffee Club and Coffee Beans & Tea Leaf ; Fast food centres like McDonald’s, Pizza Hut, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Burger King, etc; Hawker Centres like the most well-known Newton Circus Food Center, Adam Road Food Center, Chomp Chomp Food Center, etc. and a range of Food Courts available in shopping centers and housing estates. Amongst them, the hawkers selling on-spot dishes in roadside stalls at reasonable rates portray the true eating culture of Singapore that is multi-cultural.
One can look forward to a memorable dining experience on a Singapore Holiday with restaurants ranging from budget to luxury, suiting every pocket and preference.
Restaurants in Singapore can be divided according to their location, like:
1. The Orchard Road Restaurants like the famous Tambuah Mas, Esmirada, Straits Kitchen, Crystal Jade, etc in the retail hub of the island.
2. The Marina Bay Restaurants on the bustling Marina Bay popular for its scenic beauty, like Jaan on the top floor of the Swissotel; Paulaner Brauhaus, the only German microbrewery in Singapore; Double Bay; Forlino; Cherry Garden; One on the Bund; House of Sundanese Food offering Indonesian cuisine, etc.
3. The Clarke Quay & Riverside Restaurants on the banks of the river teemed with trendy outlets, nightclubs and bars like the Brewerkz Microbrewery, King Satay; Sukhothai; Indochine Waterfront Restaurant, etc.
4. The Chinatown Restaurants offering Chinese delicacies to food lovers like the Yum Cha; Smith Street; Qun Zhong Eating House, etc.
5. The Bukit Timah Restaurants on the longest road of Singapore like Casa Verde; Brazil Churrascaria; La Nonna, Hanabi; the famous the Newton Food Centre; etc.
6. The Geylang-East Coast Restaurants like Guan Hoe Soon; Chilli Padi Nonya; Boon Tong Kee Chicken Rice; 328 Katong Laksa, etc are popular for their Malay and Peranakan delicacies.
7. Little India Restaurants serving ethnic Indian food like the Banana Leaf Apolo; Muthu’s Curry; Gayatri; Komala’s Restaurants; etc.
8. Kampong Glam Restaurants with a predominantly Islamic atmosphere offers Middle Eastern eateries like the Tepak Sireh; Ambrosia; Alaturka; etc.
9. The Sentosa Island Restaurants like Tastes of Singapore@Imbiah; The Cliff@The Sentosa; Si Bon, etc in south Singapore offer a premium dining experience.